#0 - Hey there! Introduction.
Hi! ヽ〳 ՞ ᗜ ՞ 〵ง
My name is Pete "onyon" Wern and I'm a solo dev currently working on Azurebreak Heroes. I'm going to be posting AZBH updates here as often and as regular as possible. Hope you enjoy joining me on this incredible journey!
As of now, AZBH has been in development for one and a half months. During this time I've been able to put up a small gameplay prototype, mostly consisting of combat mechanics and tools for adding more content later.
I'm expecting to launch the game by the end of 2019 on PC. The engine I use is Gamemaker Studio 2. Art in Aseprite.
Here's what I have accomplished so far:
- Turn-Based combat/adventure system (basically there's no "in combat" and "out of combat" in this game, everything is turn-based)
- Equipment and Artifacts system (Artifacts = changes how your skills work, Equipment = gives stats)
- Combat (simple enemy AI, buffing/debuffing, targeted/aimed/self/passive skills, simple visual effects)
- Simple UI (character portraits, currency/keys, stat screens, item descriptions, skill descriptions, attack range indicators)
- World objects (mana-refill wells, stat-add trees, locked chests)
Dual Blade artifact example
Elements I'm going to work on next are:
- NPC interactions
- Dialogue system
Hopefully I will get them done before the next post!
Thank you for reading!
Get Azurebreak Heroes
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.